Monday, April 25, 2011

Second Chances - Some Great Things Coming

First of all, I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. My family and I had a blast and our ideas for saving this Easter really paid off, both financially and educationally.

So, for today's post; I'm a firm believer in second chances and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. As such, I think it only fair that I give things I've tried in the past a second chance(or even a third, or hundredth chance in this case).

  • Cloth Diapering
  • Tight Budgets
  • Menu Planning

All three of things I've tried in the past and none of them worked for my husband and I before. The tight budget was especially difficult for us. All three of these things we had tried 2-100 times (no exaggeration). We'd tried Cloth diapering a couple times, and both times it was a disaster. Getting ourselves on a budget we tried at least once a month since before we got married, and for some reason, no matter how hard we tried we just couldn't seem to make it stick or remember to record our spending and would always end up giving up the first week of the month, or the day after payday with the idea that we would try again next time. As for the menu planning, I knew that one of the best was to stay in a budget and to live within your means was to plan a weekly menu and to stick to it. There were multiple problems with that as well, that prevented us from keeping up with that.

When I say I believe in second chances, I mean it!!! We are now stocked up on diapers for a couple of months and wont need to buy them for a while. SO, we are going to use next month's diaper budget to get some cloth diapering supplies. We've tried Cloth Diapering before I think I've learned enough from my mistakes and I have now educated myself better to feel comfortable trying it again. So in the next month or so, I'm going to keep you posted on how our money saving effort when it comes to cloth diapering is going.

Notice, I used the words "diaper budget"... That means we've finally come up with a system for budgeting our money that works for us! I mentioned before that we started this month on our cash only budget. This has been working AWESOMELY for us. I'm just a little sad we never thought of it before. So I will be posting more about that in the next day or two. Also, if any of you have ever done cloth diapering gin the past, or are doing it now, I would love some feedback on what you do while cloth diapering away from home whether it is just a trip to the store or a family vacation and everything in between! Please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below.

As far as menu planning goes, I'm still working on that. But I do have some great ideas that I've come up with in that area that I'm so excited to share in the next couple of weeks with you! I've got some alternatives to planning ahead and also, planning your menus in way that still allow for some freedom to be spontaneous. I'm very excited about it!!!

If there is anything you would like me to either research or just post on in the future, contact me and I'll do my very best to get to all of your requests. If you don't have a specific idea in mind, but still would like an input on what my post are about, let me know by taking my quick poll. Thanks so much for reading it means a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment