Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Menu Plannin - Continued

I've had people asking to see an example of my menu list, so here it is! When I use something up, I cross it off the list. If I make something, but still have enough to last for another meal, I wont cross it off yet. That way I know I still have it available to use next time. This will happen a lot with things like apple sauce, eggs, and your fruits and veggies.

Also, I might want to choose one or two sides to go with a main dish. Sometimes I'll be lazy and not pick any at all, but it is all written down so I can see what my options are easily without having to dig through my cupboards to see what I have.

Note in the Dinner section, for a "main dish" I have listed Baked Potatoes but I've also listed Mashed Potatoes in the dinner section under "sides". I've done this because I have some instant potatoes to use up, but I don't want it for a main dish, or I just don't have enough of them to make a main dish out of. So for the night I want Mashed Potatoes, I'll make the main dish either Meat Loaf or Chicken.

Also, I only have listed four different desserts. In my family, we try to limit sweets to a minimum, especially since my husband is diabetic. So we will only have dessert once a week, sometimes not even that often. But I've listed the different options we have in the house so I can easily let Justin pick what dessert he wants the day we do have it.

Main Dish

Side(s)

Dessert

BREAKFAST

French Toast

Breakfast Danish

Pancakes

Cold Cereal

Oatmeal

Toast

Pop Tarts

Omelets

Scrambled Eggs

Sausage

Bacon

Bananas

Apple Sauce

Toast

Fruit Cups


LUNCH

PB&J Sandwich

Tuna Sandwich

Mac & Cheese

Banana Bread

Bagel Pizzas

Burritos

Quesadillas

Raisins

Cheese Sticks

Salad

Grapes

Apple Slices

Fruit Cups

Carrots


DINNER

Lasagna

Spaghetti & Tuna

Chicken

Baked Potatoes

Meat Loaf

Rice Casserole

TV Dinners

Frozen Pizza

Home-Made Rolls

Crescent Rolls

Salad

Canned Corn

Fresh Broccoli

Steamed Carrots

Garlic Toast

Mixed Veggies

Mashed Potatoes

Green Beans

Mini Cakes

Ice Cream

Brownies

Pie

SNACKS

Yogurt

Apple Sauce

Crackers

Cheese Sticks

Pepperoni

Raisins

Grapes

Nuts

Carrots

Cucumbers

Jerky




Also check out: Menu Planning & Planning "Alternative"

No comments:

Post a Comment