Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Smith's Shopping Trip 3/16/11

Today marked the start of Smith's newest Mega Event! My family and I all had a dental appointment this morning and I hate having to do anything in the afternoon on my husband's day off, so I decided to get up at 5:00am and head to the store to get my shopping done and over with.
I arrived at the parking lot 15 whole minutes before store opening, and I felt like a kid waiting at Disney Land for the gates to open and allow the flooding of people into the Happiest Place on Earth... only there wasn't a flood of people... Mostly just me, and 1 or 2 other people. But still, the feeling was there... Made me laugh feeling like that over grocery shopping. All I could think was, I guess you know you are old when... but anyways.
Like I said yesterday, this Mega Event entails buying 10 participating items to get an automatic $5.00 off at the register (you can get multiple rewards, just make sure you get everything in multiples of 10) This was my personal list:

4 American Beauty Quick Cook Pastas
7 Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta
12 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta
12 Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta
8 Jars of Classico Pasta Sauce
4 Packages Ground Beef (1 lb. each)
1 Beach Nut Baby Cereal
2 Beach nut Baby Food Jars
1 Beach Nut Baby Food (stage 4 Package)
3 Bricks Kraft Cheese
4 Bottles Sunny D



A total of 58 items (the baby food and the meat are NOT on the participating item list.)
Would have cost $131.43 but after coupons and the Mega Event sale, I only spent $23.87! I saved $107.56, that's 87%!!! a fabulous trip if I do say so myself!

I want to hear how did! Please, feel free to share the deal you got at the mega event in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment